Is your job search making you feel down and out? A little depressed? Maybe even angry?
It’s no secret that looking for a job as a graduate is tough. In fact, job hunting is one of the most stressful things in life. So if things aren’t going well, it’s easy to think that they’ll never be good again.
If you’re starting to think everything is going to hell (or you’re already there) then this is for you!
We’ve compiled these 35 quotes, sentiments and reminders to remember when your job search gets you down.
Read it, print it off and keep it somewhere nearby where you can see it, as a positive reminder everyday or when you’re going through difficult times.
2) A strong person is not the one who doesn’t cry, a strong person is the one who cries and sheds tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again.
3) In the prosperous times you put it in your pocket, in the lean times you put it in your heart!
4) Never be afraid to fall apart because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had all along.
6) If you can learn from the worst times of your life, you’ll be ready to go into the best times of your life.
7) Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
8) When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile
10) When the going gets tough, the tough get going
11) Tough times don’t last, tough people do
12) No pressure, no diamonds
13) Never give up, for that is just the time and place that the tide will turn
14) Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit
15) Difficult times are like washing machines, they twist us, spin us and knock us around, but in the end we come out cleaner, brighter and better than before
16) Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever
17) It is dangerous to arrive without our character mature or intact. Character and strength often come through staying the course.
18) Some things take time. Stay patient, and stay positive – things will get better.
19) When a train goes trough a tunnel and it gets dark you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.
20) If Plan A didn’t work – stay cool. There are 25 more letters in the alphabet
21) Nothing worth having comes without a fight. You’ve got to kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
22) Whatever you’re facing today. Keep going. Keep moving. Keep hoping. Keep pressing on. There is victory on the other side.
23) You were strong enough to get this far. You are strong enough to keep going
24) Everyday is a new beginning, stay away from what might have been and begin to look at what can be
25) When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just visualise the view from the top
26) Every time you think you’re being rejected for something good, you are actually being redirected to something better.
27) Rejection doesn’t mean you aren’t good enough, it means the other person failed to notice what you have to offer
28) Shoot for the moon. Because even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars
29) Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe in the one reason why it will
30) Success is buried on the other side of frustration
31) Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.
32) You have brains in our head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose
34) If you’re going through hell, keep going
35) This too shall pass
If you enjoyed this post, you might like:
–Top 8 Worst Graduate CV Mistakes Of All Time
–7 Practical Ways To Smash Through Fear and Anxiety When Job Hunting
–How I Got A Graduate Job In 3 Days